Sunday, August 14, 2005

Swindon 2 Inept Reds 1

For starters let me make it clear that I didn't go to this match. For various reasons I'm having to cut back on my away following of the Reds, one of the main ones being the complete inability of the players to match the fans commitment to the cause. My last away game was Coventry towards the end of last season. A mid week game which was make or break for Forest, over 4000 Trickies made the journey that night and the players ran out to an amazing reception, the noise coming from the away end was phenomenal considering the pathetic performances we'd seen that season. The reponse from the players? Nothing! No guts, no desire, no fight. They just rolled over and let a poor Coventry team take them apart. I walked out after 70 minutes and swore I would not waste my time or money travlling away with this team until they could show the same pride in the shirt that I and my fellow fans have.

After the Walsall game it sounded as if some of that fight and pride was returning and I woke up on Saturday wishing I was making the long trip south to watch them. Unfortunately based on what I've heard the players have reverted to type, not trying, not caring and allowing a poor side to take them to pieces with ease (for a more comprehensive report see Mist Rolling in From's site Mist Rollin in From The Trent).

I'm trying not to get too down about this, it's still too early in the season. I never expected us to come into this league and run away with it like some people suggested. However I do expect us to give it a damn good go and hopefully make teams scared to play us.
So how do we solve this problem? God knows, it's been hanging around for quite a while now and the solutions still seem the same as they did last season.
1) Get players in who actually give a damn and will show some pride in wearing the garibaldi.
2) Get in a decent 20 goal a season striker (not some clueless excuse for a footballer who we then make our captain).
3)Drop Gareth bloody Taylor.
4) Oh and maybe practice corners and free kicks in training, bit contoversial I know but may just work!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Huck Finn said...

Thanks for your comments on A Matter of life and Death. I’ve left a similar message to this on ‘Mist rolling in from the Trent...’ another Forest fan. I Hope you have a good season and you get back up where you belong. Always remember you have two European cups more than all the london clubs put together and the same as Man Usa - who have been the richest club in the world up until recently. However, I think an improvement on yesterday's performance is required.

20:57  
Blogger Alex said...

Too right Tricky.

The Forest players need to remember who they are playing for and WHY they are playing. Not for themselves, and not for the pay, but for the fans who go to the matches which are our ENTERTAINMENT and who pay their wages.

If the players can pick up on just a little of the passion that WE the fans have then they'd boost their game by about 50%!

19:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home