Friday, August 12, 2005

Return of the Prem Yawn!!

Well judging by all the hype on the radio, in the papers and on the tele the real football season starts tomorrow. The majority of us in the country that follow the other 72 league clubs obviously don't count. The boring pantomime that is the Premiership is all that matters in the football world apparently. Personally I just can't get excited about the Prem, it bores me. I'll watch the occasional game on Sky and maybe watch Match Of The day when I've got nowt else to do but there is just no excitement in there. We already know the 3 teams that will be challenging at the top for the title, and it is highly unlikely that anyone will break into their ranks to challenge, we've also got a pretty good idea who's going to figure in the relegation struggle. All the rest of them have to play for is mid table mediocrity, how demoralising must that be, going into the season knowing you have nothing to play for?

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul Baker said...

I have to agree with your views on the Premiership. I lost count of the number of times I was asked who I supported when Yeovil were in the conference. I would always reply Yeovil. Which in turn would lead to the inevitable question “yeah, but which of the big teams?” Why do I have to choose a team that I have no connection or relationship with to support? Isn’t fanatically supporting one team enough, regardless of that team’s position in the football pyramid.

22:51  
Blogger YorkshireTricky said...

Yeah I've had that went in to WH Smiths in Leeds the other day to pick up When Saturday Comes, the bloke asked me who I support so I told him, he then asked me if I support anyone in the prem!!!!! I looked at him gone out for a few minutes and then said "No, you can only support one team and thats it. no changing cos your teams crap, no supporting a 'big club' just so you can pretend to get all excited when they win a trophy" Just can't understand the attitude of people that think football stops outside the top 5 of the premiership. Should pity these people really because the only matchday experience they're going to get is sat in front of the tv, they'll never feel the true exhiliriation and depression of being a real football fan, and that's something I wouldn't wnat to give up for any trophy.

23:23  
Blogger Dom said...

Like getting drenched @ Swindon - whilst watching an exceptionally poor Forest performance - which saw us booing them of the pitch!.

Have to say your new layout is looking v good!.

21:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home