Friday, August 05, 2005

Nearly there

At last we've fibally made it through the drab summer months and tomorrow the new season is upon us. Surprisingly given that we're going to be playing in the third division I'm actually quite excited and really looking forward to my trip down tomorrow. In order to build myself up even more, I went back to look at one of my favourite sites from last season
  • The Real Nottingham Forest Supporter

  • It basically did a rather humorous review of each match as the season went on. And the one that sent a tingle down my spine at the time and still does today is the one for the Burnley match. We'd just won 1-0 and had to go to QPR the week after and win to stand any chance of staying up. I'll reproduce the review here just in case it's disappeared by the time anyone gets to read this.
    And this is why I love this club so much.
    COME ON U REDDDDDDS!!!!!!!!

    APRIL 26th 2005 - NUMBER 32 - FOREST FANS 1 BURNLEY 0


    Don't cry, don't sigh, don't whine or whinge, don't listen to the faded dreams of the old nor the ignorant fury of the young, feel no shame, no sorrow, no regrets, no envy, ignore the patronising sentimentality of strangers, ignore the cynical rants of cowards and conspirators,
    don't bend, don't break, don't stumble now the road is hard, don't turn away...

    No words. No tears. No surrender.

    QPR v NOTTINGHAM FOREST
    Saturday 30th April

    Show them whose club it is.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home