Sunday, October 02, 2005

Red N White Army 1 Tranmere 0

Five games undefeated now, one point away from the play offs. Everything is suddenly starting to look so much better, we are by no means the finished article but the teams performance is improving and we are starting to get the results, we keep on going like this and automatic promotion is definitely a possibility. Me and Alex (Trent End Talk) disagree on this but I thought in the first half of the game we played some really good passing football. There weren't many goalscoring opportunities created and we seemed lacking in the final third(which I put down to a lack of confidence) but I thought we were passing the ball around well in midfield, which is something we've been missing for a while. Lester had a great game again, getting stuck in and causing problems for the Tranmere defence as did Perchy, for someone so small he certainly gets stuck in. Thommo looked superb coming down the left flank and combined well with Friio at times. Johnno still seems to be lacking his old pace, on a couple of occasions the Johnno of old would have raced away from his defender and slotted the ball home but he almost seemed to hesitate before committing himself giving the defence enough time to deal with the danger. I was surprised whem Lester was taken off as I thought he'd been playing well but that's why Megson's a manger and I have to watch from the stands because the substitution seemed to work, Taylor getting on the ned of a Commons cross to head the ball home. Now everyone knows I'm not a fan of Taylor and I don't think he has anything to add to the team but if he can prove me wrong then I'll be the first to hold my hands up, one goal doesn't make a striker though.
One thing me and Alex do agree on is the Boo boys, we really don't need them down at the ground. I really think some of them are only happy if they can have a moan. But with 5 games undefeated and the team climbing up the table what is there to moan about?? Do us a favour lads and piss off to Derby or Notts instead we don't need you at Forest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Yeah, those boo boys are starting to really get on my nerves.

And opinions about football is a bit like humans and arseholes...everyones got one! That's what makes football so bloody lovely!

09:00  
Blogger YorkshireTricky said...

Why thank you Joe. I'm so excited about your interesting website and free laptop that I may just have to go and lie down for a few minutes

22:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home